About our prints
For superior color copying, all of our reproductions are Giclée prints on enhanced matte paper.
Print and mat sizes
5x7 prints are double matted to 8x10 and shipped in a sealed crystal clear sleeve. You'll need an 8x10 frame for these.
8x10 prints are double matted to 11x14 and shipped in a sealed crystal clear sleeve. You'll need an 11x14 frame for these.
Why do we send our work out matted but not framed?
Matting protects and supports the artwork that you have purchased
You know your home style best
Shipping framed artwork adds a steep increase in costs
If I am choosing a frame for my home, should it be from a craft store, online, or a frame shop?
- All of our mats will be standard sizes so that you could purchase a frame anywhere.
- A frame shop professional will have endless choices but don’t worry! They are also the best source of design experience. We support buying local.
Here are some instances where you may want us to frame your art for you:
- If you are sending this as a gift and want the presentation to be complete.
- If you're the kind of person who will lean the print up against the wall on top of a bookcase and never get around to framing it.
Why are originals shipped without a mat?
- The edges of an original tell a story. Did it originate as a spiral bound sketchbook page? Is it handmade paper? Does it have a deckled or hand torn edge? Is there some intentional or unintentional drawing or writing on the back? (I sold a painting and later found that I had used the back for a journaling rant! Fortunately, the buyer took that as added value!)
- While some art lovers may still want an original matted in a conventional way, others may prefer to float the piece to show all edges or mount it between glass so that both the front and back show.
- Shipping an original without the mat leaves those options open.